26 Ngawaka Place
Turangi - NewZealand 3334
Tel: 647 386 8949
Fax: 647 386 8946
Your One Stop Shop for;
- Turangi Accommodation
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing (daily door to door shutle)
- Northern Circuit (transport, hut passes etc)
- Guided Winter Crossing
- Information and bookings for activities
A Quick Over View;
- Close to bus stop/town centre
- Free off street parking
- Internet-kiosks and wi-fi hotspot
- Reception open 8am-8pm daily
24hr access with your own key
- Guests laundry, telephone, free gear storage
- Private courtyard with barbeque
- View rates/book a room
Extreme Backpackers - Turangi, NZ
Come and base yourselves with us for your Tongariro/Central North Island adventure - it's that easy!!! >
We are conveniently located in Turangi the gateway to the Tongariro National Park, with daily transport to the Tongariro Crossing, Northern Circuit Mt Ruapehu(ski fields) and Kaimanawa ranges. Enjoy your stay in dorm, share, double or twin rooms with private or shared bathrooms. Relax in the warm lounge with sky TV or sunny courtyard with BBQ.
The Turangi /Central North Island area offers a plethora of amazing hikes for the beginner or seasoned multi day hiker, some of the best fly fishing in the world and a huge range of other activities.
- Competition rated indoor climbing wall
- Large range of climbs to suit all ages and abilities and the kids will love the challenge
- Open every day
- Special rates for guests staying at "Extreme Backpackers"
- Available for booking by school, sports/cultural and corporate groups
- Download school/corporate booking form (word doc 55kb).
- Book Transport for these famous hikes when you check in
- Information and advice from experienced staff/ up to date weather forecasts
- Free loan equipment available for our guests
- Boots available for hire