Climbing Wall Facilities
- Open 7days a week 9.00am-5.00pm
- Wednesday, 9.00am-8.00pm (Late Night)
- Groups, Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Corporate welcome (special group rates apply). Download School/corporate booking form (word doc 55kb).
- Climbs from 5m to 21m
- Competition lead wall
- Climbs to suit all abilities and ages
- Bouldering Cave with inflatable mat
- Abseil Tower
- Adults day pass $20 (harness and instruction included)
- Adult own gear $15
- Child (U16) day pass $15
- Under 5 day pass $7
- Shoes $5
- Chalk Bag $2
- Speed Climbs
Turangi Climbing Wall
Welcome to Vertical Assault in Turangi, New Zealand
The Central North Islands premier indoor climbing venue, We have a large range of climbs for all ages and abilities (kids and adults love the challenge), from 5 meter top ropes to a 21 meter competition standard overhang. Test yourself against your mates on the speed climbing wall, or take up the challenge a bit closer to terra firma in the bouldering cave. We are happy to cater to large school groups, corporate groups etc.
Red Crater Café
Under new management from Queen's Birthday weekend the Red Crater will be back up and running for your coffee and food fix, or relax and kick back while the kids climb. Keep in touch via 4 internet kiosks or wireless hotspot.
Just inside the entrance find the store where you can buy a range of tramping and climbing equipment. With the benefit of experienced staff who know the area and conditions, they can advise you on what you need for your adventure, be it scaling an ice cliff to a relaxing walk down the river.
- Over trousers
- Climbing Harnesses/Tech Gear
- Thermals, Hats, Beanies
- Tramping Accessories (head torches, gas canisters, first aid kits, etc.)
- We can order gear in from a comprehensive range if not in stock
- Souvenirs, Cards etc